- The 2016 Challenge: FIRST Stronghold
- 2016 Orlando Regional Event Results
- Our 2016 Orlando Regional Sponsors
- Photos & Video
- Get Involved
We had fun Storming the Castles in this year’s game, FIRST Stronghold, during the 18th Annual Orlando Regional FIRST Robotics Competition March 11 & 12!
Use the quick links above and check out our news updates, to learn more about our recent competition and to keep up with news and information about the Orlando Regional, all year long!
Building the Future
The competition challenges high school students around the world to build up to 120 lb. robots to solve playing field challenges in fast paced matches. The Orlando Regional is committed to inspiring young people to become passionate about careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
The Orlando Regional
The Orlando Regional FIRST Robotics Competition started in 1999 with 28 teams at the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center. After four years of growth, the decision was made to move to the University Of Central Florida Arena in 2003. In previous years we have had teams from Canada, Germany, Australia, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Great Britain. The event is the oldest in Florida, one of the most veteran in the nation, and is an international favorite.
Students involved in FIRST Robotics Competition get to:
- Learn from professional engineers
- Build and compete with a robot they design
- Learn to use sophisticated software and hardware
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $25 million in college scholarships
The Orlando Regional is organized and produced by the Florida FIRST Robotics Education Foundation (FFREF), an all volunteer, 501(C)3, non-profit organization.