The 2018 FIRST Robotics Competition engineering challenge is called FIRST POWER UP
The 2018 FIRST Robotics Competition video themed game finds six teams trapped in an 8bit video game with only one way of escaping: Defeating the Boss! Teams must use the power cubes to defeat the boss. Represented by two three-team alliances, each alliance has three ways to defeat the boss:
1. Owning the scale or their switch. Ownership occurs when the scale or alliance’s switch is tipped in their favor. Robots collect and deliver power cubes to gain ownership.
2. Playing power ups. Alliances exchange power cubes for power ups. Power ups provide a timed advantage during the match. There are three power ups that can be played: Force, Boost, and Levitate.
3. Climbing the scale tower. Robots work together to climb the scale tower to face the boss.
Quick Links for Game Resources
- FIRST POWER UP Resources
- FIRST Q&A (Official) Forums
- Chief Delphi (Unofficial) Forums
- FIRST Robotics Competition Standards Alignment Map
- Electrical and Software Resources
Here’s how the game works!