Orlando, Florida in the springtime is a wonderful place to be, and we hope teams and their friends and families participating in the Orlando Regional have an opportunity to take in some of the sights and experiences of our wonderful city.
Disney World isn’t the only big thing in Orlando. Starting right here at the University of Central Florida, the largest public university in the country, with an undergraduate enrollment of over 51,000 students, Orlando is a place where things happen.
See the Orlando Magic!
New in 2017, a special opportunity from the Orlando Magic – exclusive discounted rates to FIRST Robotics Competition attendees to check out live NBA action in downtown Orlando at the Amway Center and see PURE MAGIC at up to 40% off gate admission!
Some Fast Facts about Orlando
- Over 2 million people live in the Greater Orlando area, making it the 26th largest metro area in the United States, the sixth largest metro area in the Southeast and the third largest metro area in the state of Florida.
- In 2013 over 59 million people visited Orlando for vacation or business, making it one of the largest tourist destinations on Earth.
- There are more than 100 lakes in Orlando, one of the largest being Lake Eola, which is actually an 80 ft. deep sinkhole.
- Orlando is second only to Las Vegas in hotel accommodations, with over 144,000 hotel rooms, and the 2nd largest ballroom in the country, the 105,000 square foot Cypress Ballroom in the Orlando World Center Marriott. (Vegas, Inc)
- There are over 5000 restaurants in the Greater Orlando area.
- The Orlando Public Library is the largest public library building in the state of Florida at 290,000 square feet, and recently became home to one of the largest public makerspaces in the country, the 26,000 sq. ft. Melrose Center for Technology, Information and Creativity, where some Orlando area teams have met to share information and outreach.
From City of Orlando.net & 2010 Census
These maps are intended for general information only. Consult local travel resources for more comprehensive and travel and location information.